Dec 31, 2015

Best electronic albums of 2015: start here

Welcome to my grand list of the best albums of 2015.

As in previous years (2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009), I cannot claim my list to be definitive. My brain is like an old filing cabinet: it has run out of space, the metal's all bent and there's been a label saying TRACEY on the front for years. But it is the best of electronic music as I see it, right here, right now in 2015.

Here's how this is going to play. There are going to be twenty blog posts, each twenty minutes apart. In the first post after this one, I'll give you one of the top ten. Then for the second post, I'll give you a whole bunch of also-rans, some of which are brilliant and some of which are average. Then another of my top ten. Then more also-rans. Then another top ten album, then more also-rans, and so on until we get to number one: the best electronic music album of this year.

By half six tonight, I will have thrown 101 albums at your face. And all throughout, if you want to skim-read the lot, just click on this big compiler link:

-----> Best electronic albums of 2015 <-----

...and it will list all the blog posts so far in an easy-scrollable order.

I'm very excited about the number one spot: it sent thrills to my outermost parts. Ready? Here we go...

No comments: