Dec 13, 2016

Listen to Coldcut's comeback single Only Heaven and try not to picture me naked


You remember Coldcut's Autumn Leaves, right? That delicate vocal, the huge orchestra, the ambient remix. As soon as I heard it all those years ago, I ran naked onto the streets, frolicking beneath the trees, kicking up a storm of foliage in the shadow of the branches as the breeze hardened my nipples to bullets. You did that too, right? The Coldcut song? It made you do that too, right?

No?

Sigh. Coldcut are back after a decade of silence, so this brand new single is muh-assive news. I'm going through a Roots Manuva phase at the moment, so his appearance is very welcome. This is called Only Heaven, which means I'm derobing and prancing off to the pearly gates right this instant. Gonna kick me some angels.

Here's the track. It's got Thundercat on bass. Enjoy.



Further Fats: Merry Pissmas - contains further thoughts about trees (2006)

Further Fats: Magnetic Man's impending chart success is more exciting than electrocuted nipples - contains further thoughts about nipples (2010)