Apr 11, 2009

Leila's telly-trembling tribute to sub-bass

Because I'm holed up in a studio most nights, the one thing I can't do at the moment is Go Out. Capital G, capital O.

Footage like this, taken from Leila's performance from a Spanish festival last year, makes me green with envy. So green and so angry, in fact, that I'm tearing my shirt apart as I write this. And believe me, I don't have Lou Ferrigno's muscles.

I want to go to a club night. I want to twiddle some knobs and make a roomful of heads nod. But I can't because I'm having immense fun in a radio studio that's no bigger than your left bra cup.

Anyhooze, it's a sweet little performance on this here video: the camera shake after the minute mark is as good a visual tribute to sub-bass as you'll ever get.

1 comment:

steve said...

Glad to see you're back! Yes, this is quite a vid - watched it several times before on You Tube and thought, why aren't more women making music this exciting?