Jan 10, 2007

Things that make you go Yeeeeehhhaawww



I hadn't given Bogdan Raczynski much time of day - until last weekend, when I heard his new album would be called Yeeeeehhhaawww.

He promises that his new album will be "the music I would play if the universe only had 45 minutes left... Think 1992 megamixes, trance, math beats, my favorite basil-based kitchen recipes, four to the floor, giggles and an explosive happy energy."

Bogdan deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Squarepusher, Mike Paradinas, Jega and the holy Aphex Twin. There, I've just done it. Mentioned him in the same sentence, that is.

>Pink

The only record I have of Raczynski's is My Love I Love (pictured), constructed of gorgeous pink vinyl. It's brimming of detuned accordian folk songs sung in a whiny falsetto voice. It's not exactly restaurant-at-the-end-of-the-universe stuff, although it's deranged enough to be piped throughout a Vogon spaceship.

Raczynski is the only Polish IDM / braindance artist who used to play trumpet in Japanese jazz clubs. Some of his live shows have only been ten minutes long, and he has recipes on his website. These are facts.

>Beer

This is a fact: I know two Polish people called Stefan. One of them has another Polish friend, co-incidentally called Bogdan, who taught me how to pronounce the name of the Polish beer, Zwytec. It's a bit like saying "serviettes" but with a 'zsch' instead of an 's'.

This blog post has more non sequiturs than Family Guy. Damn you vile woman, you've impeded my work since the day I escaped your vile womb!

Where was I?

Oh, yes. Say yes to Yeeeeehhhaawww, due for release in May 2007.

No comments: