Dec 25, 2006

Never mind the baubles, here's James Brown



It seems only inappropriate to wish all my readers a stupendously average Christmas with perhaps the occasional moment of lucidity about where it all went wrong and how you want things to be different next year and oh my god I'm so fat.

Fear not, my tearful Tiny Tims; put your regret in your jacket pocket and don't bring it out again until New Year. In the meanwhile, gorge yourselves on sweet yule logs, stodgy Christmas pudding and glass baubles.

>Adamski

An angel once told me the true meaning of Christmas, but I can't remember what he said and anyway he had a girl's name. Christmas for me is about having a few days off work, eating things made from fat, and getting all my old Adamski records out.

>Funk

I must mention the sad loss of James Brown, probably the first true legend to die on Christmas Day. When I say "first true legend to die on Christmas Day", I don't know that for a fact, and please do correct me. I can think of WC Fields for a start...

Anywii, I tried to post a JB vid from Youtube, but since I upgradified to Blogger Beta I've not been able to stick illegal videos on my blog. So I've learnt a bit of HTMLTML and here is, hopefully, James Brown as I'll always remember him: high and funny.

Happy Christmas.

PS - The blasphemy at the top is by WibblyWobbly and his (NSFW) B3ta profile is here.

2 comments:

Lou Davis said...

Happy Christmas, hope you had a great time and not too many 'oh my God' moments.

Sarah said...

I had a stupendously average christmas - bit stressful due to dinner being cooked perfectly on time (how often does that happen?) and my family being late, followed by a feeling that the thing I have worked very hard for and look4ed forward to has disappeared in just one day. And then a Boxing Day feeling tired and a bit ill and being really quite pathetic, and staying in my pyjamas for as long as I can get away with.