Dec 28, 2016

Best electronic albums of 2016: fourteen


14 – Radiohead – A Moon Shaped Pool (XL Recordings)

Hello, is this Thom Yorke? I was told to call at 2pm. “Miaow.” Great. Thanks for agreeing to speak to me, Thom. And congratulations on making my top 20. “Miaow.” So kind of you to say, Thom. If you had a blog, I’d read it too. “Miaow.”

You’re in this list because Radiohead have been an electronic music band since the turn of the millennium. That time you guys rocked a Kaoss pad on the Amnesiac tour. Can you talk me through your process? “Miaow. Miiiaaaoow.” Amazing. And here we are in 2016 with one of our most listenable albums for ages. “Miaow.” No, thank YOU.

A Moon Shaped Pool is a beautiful work. Less dense somehow. There’s not much more I can say that hasn’t been said in a million column inches elsewhere, hence this phone call. “Miaow.” You keep saying miaow. Are you sure you’re Thom Yorke? “Mioaw.” And not his cat? “Puuuurrr.” Oh for flip’s sake.



Scroll all of the best 2016 electronic albums by clicking here.