Oct 31, 2010

The devil has all the best IDM: NOISIA

Here I am, on Hallowe'en night, choosing my favourite IDM / electronica to accompany your fright-filled evening of pumpkin soup, bad clothes and legal doorstep extortion. See the other posts in this series here. See the introduction to the whole thing here.

Artist: NOISIA
Track: Stigma
Album: Split The Atom
Year: 2010


I shouldn't really include a track that's been on Gran Turismo - if I'm just doing loud drum and bass, then the Prodigy would be on here - but the first time I heard Stigma a year ago, I pooed into my socks.

It's fierce, chaotic, claustrophobic, and like being attacked by those fast zombies you get in 28 Days Later. Also, the production's a bit rubbish and everything's too loud - a bit like a stabby scene in a Hammer film.

If I was cornered by this track in an alleyway, I'd run. That sound of brown-coloured squelching? That's me, that is.

No comments: