Sep 30, 2009

The radio bungle: an update

Remember that whole radio thing? Sorry for the lack of updates over the past two weeks, but I'm not the kind of person to dwell on this kind of shennanigans.

But there is something to tell you. I've been written about by Pink News, which is Europe's largest gay news service and not a publication written by Rainbow's painfully jovial hippo George.

The worst thing about the article is you, my dear reader, get to know my real name. How shocking and unbloglike. Have a read here.

It's a fair description of things from my point of view. It's a shame Refresh FM couldn't be contacted, but I do believe they tried everything they could to get hold of them.

Incidentally, Refresh FM would disagree with the whole premise of my original article on this blog. I was not dismissed for being gay, because they have no problems with anyone's orientation: it's acting on that orientation that is the problem. That's a fairly typical evangelical argument, and I disagree with it.

I also know evangelicals who genuinely struggle with their received opinion on homosexuality and would never have made the decision Refresh did. Thank you to my evangelical friends who have had the guts to be honest with me about their struggles with this, and to everyone for your kind comments on my original blog post: this is what blogging is all about.

Edit: there is an update on this blog here. Thank you everyone for your support.

3 comments:

jpm said...

Oh dear young man. Must you still be 'practising'.... haven't you got to grips with it yet?

Fat Roland said...

Fnar fnar!

Fat Roland said...

Thanks Dave. My chin, incidentally, has never been higher.